I decided to change things up today and try something new for breakfast, Egg White Oatmeal. I like mixing things up for my meals and I felt like I needed something a little extra today. I stumbled upon the idea of adding Egg Whites to my oatmeal for protein instead of a powdered protein source and I decided to give it a try!
This is my new favorite way to eat oatmeal.
Egg White Oatmeal Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup of dry oatmeal ( I used McCanns today, but I use Bob’s RedMill Gluten Free as well)
- 3/4 Cup of water
- 40g of blueberries
- 40g of banana
- 1Tbps of Flax Meal
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetend Almond milk
- 1/3 Cup of Kirkland Egg Whites (about 2 eggs worth of whites)
- Put water into a pot and bring to a boil on high heat (about 5-6 minutes)
- Bring to a medium heat, stir in Oatmeal and cook until almost all the water is dissolved (about 3 minutes)
- Stir in egg whites and continue stirring until a fluffy consistency, its important to keep stirring (about 1 minute) so the egg whites don’t get cooked in “chunks”.
- Stir in Blueberries, Banana, Flax and Almond Milk (about 30 seconds)
- Put in a bowl and enjoy.
Nutrition: 308 calories, 47 carbs, 7 fat, 16 protein, 193 sodium and 11 sugars